Over the summer and autumn, I will be speaking at a number of fantastic events in London, Geneva, Miami, Mumbai and Jersey. I thought I would highlight a few of the talks and courses that may be of interest:
- Jumpers for Goal Posts Festival: I’ll be speaking on the Future of Football in London on Saturday 3 August.
- Football Business Academy: Along with some fantastic speakers, I will be lecturing on the world of football business in Mumbai between 21-22 September and in Miami on 23-24 November. You get 20% of the course price by entering the promo code geey2019 .
- Jersey Festival of Words: I’ll be dispelling some myths about the football industry including why players don’t pay their agents, why a £35m transfer is never a £35m transfer and what’s actually in a boot deal. This talk in Jersey is on Thursday 26 September.
- FIFA Legal Congress. I have been invited to speak on Saturday 28 September to speak on third party investment in football.
- Football Agent and Business Summit: I will be giving a keynote speech alongside Dr Erkut Sogut on various aspects of the football industry with additional panel discussions from top industry professionals on Saturday 30 November in London.
- Football Writing Festival: I will be speaking on a panel looking into football finance with David Conn in Manchester on Wednesday 4 September.
In advance of the above events, you can view my previous talks about my book Done Deal at Google and my YouTube talk with the super GOAT Agency. I also gave a talk at Brooklyn Law School which is available here too.
Hope to see you at one of the events.
Football Broadcasting Deals Across the Top 5 European Leagues
By Daniel Geey and Alex Harvey The excellent Swiss Ramble wrote a fascinating twitter thread comparing broadcasting revenues in the 2018/19 season across the top leagues in England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain. I would highly recommend reading the thread in detail. As with a previous thread that the Swiss Ramble wrote on EPL broadcasting […]
How did Dybala’s image rights affect his proposed transfer to Tottenham?
This piece was first published by the excellent Goal.com here Getting a deal over the line can be complicated at the best of times but complications over marketing opportunities can make things even worse It has been reported over the last few days that Paulo Dybala’s transfer to Tottenham hit choppy waters and ultimately collapsed […]
What a No-Deal Brexit may mean for Future Football Transfer Windows
By Judith McMinn, Owen Jones and Daniel Geey Introduction Halloween is likely to be upon us sooner than we think and with it comes the very real prospect of crashing out of the EU without a deal. The authors appreciate that the broader and more critical issues of the Irish border, food shortages, medical supply […]
An Insider's Guide to Football Contracts, Multi-Million Pound Transfers and Premier League Big Business Insightful, enlightening and thought-provoking, leading Premier League lawyer Daniel Geey lifts the lid on the inner workings of modern football.
Whether it is a manager being sacked, the signing of a new star player, television rights negotiations, player misconduct or multi-million-pound club takeovers, lawyers remain at the heart of all football business dealings. Written by leading Premier League lawyer Daniel Geey, who has dealt with all these incidents first hand, this highly accessible book explores the issues – from pitch to boardroom – that shape the modern game and how these impact leagues, clubs, players and fans.Buy Book