Over the summer and autumn, I will be speaking at a number of fantastic events in London, Geneva, Miami, Mumbai and Jersey. I thought I would highlight a few of the talks and courses that may be of interest:
- Jumpers for Goal Posts Festival: I’ll be speaking on the Future of Football in London on Saturday 3 August.
- Football Business Academy: Along with some fantastic speakers, I will be lecturing on the world of football business in Mumbai between 21-22 September and in Miami on 23-24 November. You get 20% of the course price by entering the promo code geey2019 .
- Jersey Festival of Words: I’ll be dispelling some myths about the football industry including why players don’t pay their agents, why a £35m transfer is never a £35m transfer and what’s actually in a boot deal. This talk in Jersey is on Thursday 26 September.
- FIFA Legal Congress. I have been invited to speak on Saturday 28 September to speak on third party investment in football.
- Football Agent and Business Summit: I will be giving a keynote speech alongside Dr Erkut Sogut on various aspects of the football industry with additional panel discussions from top industry professionals on Saturday 30 November in London.
- Football Writing Festival: I will be speaking on a panel looking into football finance with David Conn in Manchester on Wednesday 4 September.
Hope to see you at one of the events.
What a No-Deal Brexit may mean for Future Football Transfer Windows
By Judith McMinn, Owen Jones and Daniel Geey Introduction Halloween is likely to be upon us sooner than we think and with it comes the very real prospect of crashing out of the EU without a deal. The authors appreciate that the broader and more critical issues of the Irish border, food shortages, medical supply […]
Premier League Club Broadcasting Monies: The Key Numbers
I had the pleasure of spending some time looking through a number of incredibly impressive and illuminating Swiss Ramble Twitter threads detailing past, present and (projected) future Premier League (EPL) and Champions League (UCL) broadcasting revenue figures. There was some fascinating detail and I wanted to highlight some of the significant numbers involved. £9.2bn: This […]
The Changing Game: Done Deal Extract
This is the introduction extract from my football industry book Done Deal. How we consume football has changed dramatically over the years. When I was growing up in the 1980s, watching live football was a novelty. Only the occasional game was broadcast on television and, in contrast to today, few column inches were devoted to […]
An Insider's Guide to Football Contracts, Multi-Million Pound Transfers and Premier League Big Business Insightful, enlightening and thought-provoking, leading Premier League lawyer Daniel Geey lifts the lid on the inner workings of modern football.
Whether it is a manager being sacked, the signing of a new star player, television rights negotiations, player misconduct or multi-million-pound club takeovers, lawyers remain at the heart of all football business dealings. Written by leading Premier League lawyer Daniel Geey, who has dealt with all these incidents first hand, this highly accessible book explores the issues – from pitch to boardroom – that shape the modern game and how these impact leagues, clubs, players and fans.Buy Book